Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Pandit <pa...@hotmail.com> on 2004/01/02 14:54:03 UTC

File exists or not

Hi all,

I'm trying to retrive a file from a FTP server.  Before, retrieving I need
to check if the file exists.  How should I do this?

I tried using this,

FTPFile list[] = getFTPClient().listFiles(fileName);

if ( list != null ) {

exists = true;

}

But this doesn't seems to work.  Even though the file doesn't exists, the
variable "list" isn't null.  This logic doesn't seems to work.  Could
someone guide me how I need to code if I need to verify if the file exists
or not?

Thanks in advance,

Pandit.

RE: [OT] File exists or not