Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com> on 2007/02/27 14:48:51 UTC

making 2.1 a "Released Version" in JIRA?

I noticed in JIRA that "2.1" is still listed under "Unreleased
Versions".

I think it's simple to fix; we just have to "Release" it on the
Administration page for project Lucene:

  http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/project/ManageVersions.jspa?pid=12310110

So I started down this path, but, it then prompts that there are these
4 issues that were marked with fix version 2.1 but in fact did not get
fixed:

  http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&pid=12310110&fixfor=12310854&resolution=-1

The issues are LUCENE-814, LUCENE-796, LUCENE-510 and LUCENE-372.

Are there any objections to bumping the fix versions of these to 2.2?
(I can also choose to "ignore" the 4 issues but I think we should move
to 2.2 instead).

Mike

RE: making 2.1 a "Released Version" in JIRA?

Posted by Steven Parkes <st...@esseff.org>.
Is the idea that resolved issues are also closed at release?

> > The issues are LUCENE-814, LUCENE-796, LUCENE-510 and LUCENE-372.
> >
> > Are there any objections to bumping the fix versions of these to
2.2?
> > (I can also choose to "ignore" the 4 issues but I think we should
move
> > to 2.2 instead).
>
> Sounds fine.
> Thanks for looking into this... I forgot about bumping the JIRA
version.

No problem!  OK, all done.

I will also edit the ReleaseTodo wiki page to add this step in.

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
"Doug Cutting" <cu...@apache.org> wrote:
> Michael McCandless wrote:
> > "Steven Parkes" <st...@esseff.org> wrote:
> >> Is the idea that resolved issues are also closed at release?
> >
> > Good point, I think that is right?
>
> Yes, that is the convention I use.

OK I will go make that bulk change.

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Michael McCandless wrote:
> "Steven Parkes" <st...@esseff.org> wrote:
>> Is the idea that resolved issues are also closed at release?
>
> Good point, I think that is right?

Yes, that is the convention I use.

Doug

Re: making 2.1 a "Released Version" in JIRA?

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Michael McCandless wrote:
> "Steven Parkes" <st...@esseff.org> wrote:
>> Is the idea that resolved issues are also closed at release?
>
> Good point, I think that is right?

Also, this is, to my mind, the motivating case for Jira's bulk edit
feature, and in particular, its option to inhibit the sending of emails.
  No one is interested in 40 messages, each about a resolved issue
that's been closed.

Doug

RE: making 2.1 a "Released Version" in JIRA?

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
"Steven Parkes" <st...@esseff.org> wrote:
> Is the idea that resolved issues are also closed at release?

Good point, I think that is right?

I think this means getting all issues with Status=Resolved
and "Fix For"=2.1 (I see 41 such issues) and then doing a
bulk-change to close them?

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 2/27/07, Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
> The issues are LUCENE-814, LUCENE-796, LUCENE-510 and LUCENE-372.
>
> Are there any objections to bumping the fix versions of these to 2.2?
> (I can also choose to "ignore" the 4 issues but I think we should move
> to 2.2 instead).

Sounds fine.
Thanks for looking into this... I forgot about bumping the JIRA version.

-Yonik