Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by "Mach, Gavin" <ga...@merck.com> on 2003/10/17 06:08:59 UTC

Problem parsing XML document with default namespace

I am developing a JSP page which parses an XML file generated from some
backend server. The XML file has a root element which includes a default
namespace attribute eg. <root xmlns="SchemaURL">
I am finding the JSP page only successfully reads parses this file if the
namespace attribute is removed or has an empty value.

I dont know if this has anything to do with it but I believe JSP pages are
XML documents themselves so could this be a namespace issue? Any help
greatly appreciated.