Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/30 21:54:16 UTC

[mobile-spec] consistency and reliability

`cordova-mobile-spec/createmobilespec/createmobilespec.js --ios
--globalplugins`

Has anyone gotten mobile-spec to work consistently? I get wildly different
results on each run. Sometimes there is more than one report in a run. See:

[image: Inline image 1]

Re: [mobile-spec] consistency and reliability

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Brian - I looked into tap and someone has wrote a Jasmine tap reporter (so
we can just plug this in) -- but the usage problems that Michal wrote about
won't just fix themselves I don't think if we use the tap reporter so there
is still work to be done just getting it to work reliably.

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
- ya sorry for being confusing TAP is a protocol, that part is neat but I
don't really care
- tap/tape are libs for testing that emit TAP results: this is nice
- tap/tape are NOT global runners so you have to explicitly call them and
load them…this is really nice

the problem w/ jasmine, or one of them anyhow, is the global nature and
magic injection of things

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Dmitriy Barkalov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.
Hi Everyone,

It is true that mobile spec test results for Windows are currently not reliable. But our experience allows us to understand which automated tests are expected to fail on Windows / WP8 platforms and which are true fails.

At the same time, we are fixing plugin automated tests for Windows platform and mark unsupported feature tests as pending (e.g. https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-contacts/pull/49,  https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-file/pull/88). We have the same plans for WP8 platform.

To ensure Cordova plugins quality on Windows, we also make complete run for manual plugin tests in addition to mobile spec tests.

Regards, Dmitriy

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
Nope.

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.