Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Vaughan Schmidt <vs...@schmidtusa.com> on 2008/01/18 14:07:50 UTC

a little help with aFlashPlugin, please

(I am most likely just not that good at following directions, so I
apologize up front if that is the case)

I would like to use aFlashPlugin to embed "Wink" tutorials in my wiki.

Base information:

JSPWiki ver 2.4.106

I have multiple wiki's setup (following general strategy of:
http://doc.jspwiki.org/2.4/wiki/InstallingJSPWikiStepByStep)

So, I have:
wiki_tec stored in /wikis/wiki_tec
wiki_IT stored in /wikis/wiki_IT

Property files:
/etc/wikis/wiki_tec.properties
/etc/wikis/wiki_IT.properties

I have separate tomcat webapps directories for wiki_tec, wiki_IT, etc.

and so on...

I have downloaded aFlashPlugin.zip to:
/opt/tomcat-5.5.25/webapps/wiki_tec

and unzipped, so that now I have files:
/opt/tomcat-5.5.25/webapps/wiki_tec/scripts/Flash.js
/opt/...../wiki_tec/WEB-INF/lib/aFlashPlugin.jar

Tomcat as been stopped and restarted.

When I embed the flash plugin tag in a wiki page, I get the message:

"Plugin insertion failed: Could not find plugin Flash"

I suspect the root cause has something to do with my multiple wiki
set-up not being 100% correct - although wiki's seem to run fine for
everything other than this plug-in (it is 1st plugin I have
attempted)

Any ideas / suggestions?

Thank you

V. Schmidt

/opt/tomcat/webapps/wiki_tec

Re: a little help with aFlashPlugin, please

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.
No, no downside except having to type extra every time to use it!

It is strange that it's not working as expected... Did you put it in
all jspwiki.properties files?  Are you sure there were no typos?

/Janne

Posted by Vaughan Schmidt <vs...@schmidtusa.com>.

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.

Posted by Vaughan Schmidt <vs...@schmidtusa.com>.