Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dinesh Sundaram <sd...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/18 18:35:17 UTC

Integrate nutch with solr

Hi Team,
Can you please share the steps to integrate nutch 2.3.1 with solrcloud
7.1.0.

Thanks,
Dinesh Sundaram

Response time creep in Solr

Posted by Roopa Rao <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

From the past few months there has been a steady increase in the Solr
response time in our application, yes there are enhancements and index size
increase.
How to approach this issue to find the root cause for this slow and
constant increase? What parameters to check?

Any pointers on this is appreciated!

Thank you,
Roopa

Re: Integrate nutch with solr

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 10/22/2018 3:26 PM, Dinesh Sundaram wrote:
> Thanks Shawn for the reply, yes I do have some questions on the solr too.
> can you please share the steps for solr side to integate the nutch or no
> steps are needed in solr?

Since I have no idea what has to happen on the nutch side, I really
can't offer you any advice for Solr, other than reading the reference
guide.  Particularly useful will be the section called "Taking Solr to
Production."  Once you find out what the Nutch project says you need to
do, if you have any questions about anything on your Solr install, come
back and start a new mail thread to ask questions.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Integrate nutch with solr

Posted by Stephen Bianamara <sd...@gmail.com>.
To highlight Shawn's point, nutch leverages SOLR. That means that nutch
defines the integration and is responsibile for providing their
documentation.

Posted by Atita Arora <at...@gmail.com>.
and

Posted by Atita Arora <at...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dinesh Sundaram <sd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Elizabeth Haubert <eh...@opensourceconnections.com>.
Hi Dinesh,

This article
<https://opensourceconnections.com/blog/2014/05/24/crawling-with-nutch/> is
quite old (Nutch 1.x, Solr 4.x), but the high-level steps are still pretty
much the same: get your java set up, kick off a Solr
<http://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_5/installing-solr.html>, and then
fire off your crawler.

If you are starting from scratch on both Solr and Nutch, I'd recommend
getting your Solr sandbox set up first.  The directions for setting up your
Solr collection up are not specific to Nutch, and will be in the Solr
documentation.  The directions for setting up your crawler will be in the
Nutch documentation.

Good luck!
Elizabeth