Posted to user@spark.apache.org by purna pradeep <pu...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/21 02:47:24 UTC

Rest API for Spark2.3 submit on kubernetes(version 1.8.*) cluster

Im using kubernetes cluster on AWS to run spark jobs ,im using spark 2.3
,now i want to run spark-submit from AWS lambda function to k8s
master,would like to know if there is any REST interface to run Spark
submit on k8s Master

Re: Rest API for Spark2.3 submit on kubernetes(version 1.8.*) cluster

Posted by Josh Goldsborough <jo...@gmail.com>.
Purna,

It's a bit tangental to your original question but heads up that Amazon EKS
is in Preview right now:
https://aws.amazon.com/eks/

I don't know if it actually allows a nice interface between k8s hosted
Spark & Lamda functions (my suspicion is it won't fix your problem), but
might be something worth taking a peak at, since you're already doing AWS
hosted K8s stuff.

Posted by Gourav Sengupta <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lucas,

Thanks a ton for responding.

have you used livy and SPARK in EMR? I am genuinely not sure how adding a
spark-submit in EMR is hard, it is just one line of code.

I must be missing something here

Regards,
Gourav Sengupta

Posted by "lucas.gary@gmail.com" <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gourav Sengupta <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by purna pradeep <pu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Yinan,

Looks like this is stil in alpha version.

Would like to know if there is any rest-interface for spark2.3 job
submission similar to spark 2.2 as I need to submit spark applications to
k8 master based on different events (cron or s3 file based trigger)

Posted by Yinan Li <li...@gmail.com>.