Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com> on 2001/06/06 05:55:38 UTC

Problem in MySQL, Installation Tips

Dear All,

I successfully install my JetSpeed, after 2 weeks nightmare, and because 1 little syntax.

My tomcat run JetSpeed, Cocoon, and several my JSP application, and work well.

My Issue:
Beware if you using any other Jar (like xerces, xalan, castor, or everything, make sure you JetSpeed run well, and try, because JetSpeed won't show the RDF if you using the newest version, like Caster, if you using version 0.92, because JetSpeed recemended Caster 0.88, and several issue will show if you install in the first time, and using the newest version of Jar.

I try to install Xalan 2 and it is not working, but after change to version 1, JetSpeed work again.

Don't trust that my issue, you have to find out first, and inform me if you got that problem also, because I still try and error.

this is the TurbineResources.properties that you have to install:

1. create jetspeed database
- mysqladmin create jetspeed
- execute the SQL statement

don't forget to put this SQL statement, this is for administrator privilage.

insert into TURBINE_ROLE (ROLE_NAME) values ('authenticated_user');

insert into TURBINE_USER (USER_ID, LOGIN_NAME, PASSWORD_VALUE, FIRST_NAME, LAST_NAME, EMAIL, CONFIRM_VALUE) values (2, 'admin', 'jetspeed', 'Admin', 'Admin', 'admin@apache.org', 'CONFIRMED');

2. JetSpeed will connect to jetspeed database with  this is the configuration

database.default.driver=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
database.default.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost/jetspeed
database.default.username=root
database.default.password=tulalit

3. The Jetspeed will connect to MySQL using DBMM adapter. Try to download the JetSpeed source code you will find DBMM file for MySQL in your Turbine properties

database.adaptor=DBMM
database.adaptor.DBMM=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

My opinion.
Because in JetSpeed for mySQL adapter have a prefix DBMM so you have to put DBMM, I have tried mm, MM, MySQL, etc and not work.

Any Question, email me

Frans