Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ressa Restullah <re...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/17 09:59:01 UTC

[users@httpd] upload limitation

Can somebody give me a clue why this is happen. Here is my apache log file :

[client 202.127.109.90] PHP Warning:  POST Content-Length of 15115468
bytes exceeds the limit of 8388608 bytes in Unknown on line 0,
referer: http://file.carsurin.biz/upload-files.php

Does anyone knows how to increase the limit number ?? I'm really desperate :(
--
Ressa
Registered Linux User Number 336566

Re: [users@httpd] upload limitation

Posted by "oxfordmusic.net" <li...@oxfordmusic.net>.
> Can somebody give me a clue why this is happen. Here is my apache log file
> :
>
> [client 202.127.109.90] PHP Warning:  POST Content-Length of 15115468
> bytes exceeds the limit of 8388608 bytes in Unknown on line 0,
> referer: http://file.carsurin.biz/upload-files.php
>
> Does anyone knows how to increase the limit number ?? I'm really desperate
> :(

this is really a PHP question and not an Apache question but...
you could try changing upload_max_filesize in php.ini but you may also need
to change memory_limit to match that value (it's not point allowing an
upload size of 12M if the script can only use 8M memory).
to be honest, if you're dealing with regular file uploads of this sort of
size, you should probably look for another solution rather than POST-ing via
PHP.

andy