Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by wouterve <wo...@avr.be> on 2019/01/11 08:01:19 UTC

Is it possible to suppress red pop-ups like connection error?

Hi,

I'm wondering whether it is possible to suppress the red pop-ups in
guacamole whenever there is a fault (like connection error, too many
connections...) for our purpose we don't need to show this to the end user
namely.

See attached example:

kr

wouter

Re: Is it possible to suppress red pop-ups like connection error?

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jan 11, 2019, 00:01 wouterve <woutervaneenoo@avr.be wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering whether it is possible to suppress the red pop-ups in
> guacamole whenever there is a fault (like connection error, too many
> connections...) for our purpose we don't need to show this to the end user
> namely.

I wouldn't recommend doing this. If an error occurs preventing some action,
having zero acknowledgement of that error would likely prove a frustrating
experience for your users. It's normally good (and considerate) to notify
your users that a particular thing isn't working.

Hiding errors is generally considered bad practice:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Error_hiding

- Mike