Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dirk Behrendt <sc...@web.de> on 2003/07/21 18:37:36 UTC

Use ApplicationRessources.properties values in tag

Hello!

I want to use  some values from the properties file in my JSP page.

ApplicationRessources.properties file:
language.german = Deutsch
language.english = Englisch

Normally such values are used within a JSP page like this: <bean:message
key=" language.german "/>

But how I can use this value within a <html:options value="...."> tag?

work.

Dirk

RE: Use ApplicationRessources.properties values in tag

Posted by Yansheng Lin <ya...@isogis.com>.
1. <html:options> expects a Collection, I think.

2. Try to change " to ' for value='<bean:.. Key=".." />'

Posted by Sandeep Takhar <sa...@yahoo.com>.
this doesn't work because of the xml specification
(cannot embed xml like this)

Have to use el or scriptlet instead.

sandeep