Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Raghavender Reddy Erupaka <er...@steelwedge.com> on 2015/11/27 13:36:24 UTC

RE:Facing problem while executing below qurey.

Hi Team,

I am trying to run below queries using SQLParser object, the first query is executing as expected but when am adding sum(ppd.value) function  I am getting exception, but same query I am able to run in SQL SERVER.

Working query:          insert into planning_point_data_cache (ts_business_name_id,planning_point_seq,detail_id,detail_id,period_id,cache_value)
                        select ppd.ts_business_name_id,denorm.input_ppt_cache_seq,denorm.detail_id,denorm.period_id,cache_value
                        from rule_output_input_map_normalize denorm join planning_point_data ppd on denorm.input_ppt_seq=ppd.planning_point_seq
                        where denorm.param_order='raghu' and denorm.input_ppt_cache_seq>0 group by ppd.ts_business_name_id.

Problem facing query:  insert into planning_point_data_cache (ts_business_name_id,planning_point_seq,detail_id,detail_id,period_id,cache_value)
                        select ppd.ts_business_name_id,denorm.input_ppt_cache_seq,denorm.detail_id,denorm.period_id,sum(ppd.value)
                        from rule_output_input_map_normalize denorm join planning_point_data ppd on denorm.input_ppt_seq=ppd.planning_point_seq
                        where denorm.param_order='raghu' and denorm.input_ppt_cache_seq>0 group by ppd.ts_business_name_id,ppd.value

May I know the problem.

Thanks,

Raghavender Reddy Erupaka
Software Engineer

Steelwedge Software, Inc.

cell  9030684174
www.steelwedge.com<http://www.steelwedge.com/>

[SW New Signature Logo]
Plan. Perform. Profit.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE  This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information and may contain information that is also proprietary and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and then delete this message and its attachments from your system. Thank you.

Re: Facing problem while executing below qurey.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
The query looks like valid SQL. However, I don’t recall whether we have implemented INSERT INTO … SELECT … GROUP BY.

Can you please log a JIRA case along with the exception stack, and post the JIRA URL here? Then someone can investigate further.

Julian