Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/14 11:15:34 UTC

Policy for podling committers on graduation

When a podling graduates, all the people listed on the board
resolution become both PMC members and committers.

What is the policy for podling committers?

Are they all automatically carried forward as committers?

Or does the podling need to specifically need to re-appoint the
committers that are not mentioned in the graduation resolution?

S.

Re: Policy for podling committers on graduation

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 16 July 2018 at 02:08, Hen <ba...@apache.org> wrote:
> +1 to automatically carried forward which I suspect is how it’s been
> handled up to now.

Before LDAP was used for podlings, committers were not distinguished
from PPMC members.
Only those in the TLP resolution were added to the PMC and committer
LDAP groups that were created as part of graduation.

It was up to the new PMC to request additional ids to be added to the
committer group.
This was a way of dropping people who would not be contributing to the
PMC (e.g. mentors may wish to drop out)

When podlings were defined in LDAP, this changed, as there was no
longer any need to create the LDAP groups on graduation.

Posted by Hen <ba...@apache.org>.