Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Rob Norman <ro...@harveyroad.org> on 2005/09/28 11:58:44 UTC

PropertiesFileModule

Hi,

I'm having problems with the PropertiesFileModule in Cocoon 2.1.7 under
Tomcat 5.0.  I'm trying to load a simple properties file from a cocoon
matcher (the URI in the cocoon.xconf is cocoon:/config.properties) I
figured that since it uses a SourceResolver and the examples use
resource:/, it should work.  However, it keeps saying "Cannot load
properties file".

I then changed it to not have the cocoon:/ on the front so it was simply
specifying a file and that doesn't work either.  I have the appropriate
file in the root of my webapp and in the WEB-INF directory and it still
can't find the file.

Can someone tell me where the file needs to be (or even better, how to
specify that it's in the WEB-INF directory) please?

Cheers,
    Rob.

Re: PropertiesFileModule

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.
You have written a cocoon matcher yourself? Can you delay the moment you are reading the config
file? I recall a setup function that is executed at loading, a configure that is executed at reading
(changed) sitemap and of course the match function itself. (correct me if i'm wrong, writing this
from the top of my head.) You might consider reading the config file each time a match is evaluated.

I'm not certain this will help you, but might be worth a try..

Cheers,
Geert

Re: PropertiesFileModule

Posted by Rob Norman <ro...@harveyroad.org>.

Re: PropertiesFileModule

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.
>>Refrain from using file: protocol when accessing files from within the webapp or web-inf. When you
>>deploy the web application as a war and it is _not_ extracted but read directly by the application
>>server, this results in file not found errors... :-P
>
> Sorry to come back to an old thread, but I was wondering which
> application server is able to read directly from war, without
> extracting it when deploying a web application? Are Tomcat or Jetty
> able to do that? Where can I find out about this feature?

I have no real experience, but an application server is not obligated to extract the war instead of
reading it directly. I have worked recently with Oracle Application Server, but I believe that
extracts the war as well.

How to find out about the feature? Really don't know. It is an implementation detail you shouldn't
be caring about.. ;-)

Regards,
Geert

Re: PropertiesFileModule

Posted by Fiouz <fi...@gmail.com>.

--
Fiouz

Re: PropertiesFileModule

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.
Hi,

Rob Norman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems with the PropertiesFileModule in Cocoon 2.1.7 under
> Tomcat 5.0.  I'm trying to load a simple properties file from a cocoon
> matcher (the URI in the cocoon.xconf is cocoon:/config.properties) I
> figured that since it uses a SourceResolver and the examples use
> resource:/, it should work.  However, it keeps saying "Cannot load
> properties file".
>
> I then changed it to not have the cocoon:/ on the front so it was simply
> specifying a file and that doesn't work either.  I have the appropriate
> file in the root of my webapp and in the WEB-INF directory and it still
> can't find the file.
>
> Can someone tell me where the file needs to be (or even better, how to
> specify that it's in the WEB-INF directory) please?
>
> Cheers,
>    Rob.

Drs. G.P.H. Josten
Consultant

Daidalos BV
Source of Innovation
Hoekeindsehof 1-4
2665  JZ  Bleiswijk
Tel: +31 (0) 10 850 1200
Fax: +31 (0) 10 850 1199
www.daidalos.nl

De informatie - verzonden in of met dit emailbericht - is afkomstig van Daidalos BV en is
uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht onbedoeld hebt ontvangen, verzoeken
wij u het te verwijderen. Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend.