Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/15 18:32:30 UTC

[DISCUSS] move nifi-assembly into top level

Hello,

With the work going on with NIFI-850 [1] and NIFI-857 [2] things will
be much cleaner and simpler.  One thing that came up from a NiFi user
was how weird they thought it was that we had a 'nifi-assembly'
subproject that they had to go to so they could find the build.  Back
when NiFi wasn't open sourced this approach made sense but at this
point I couldn't actually make an argument for why we should still do
that.

I've created a JIRA to just move the assembly mechanism up to the root
of the project NIFI-858 [3] but before I tackle that it seems like a
good one to send out to the group and see if folks have thoughts on
this.  Can anyone see a reason why this is a bad idea?

Thanks
Joe

Re: [DISCUSS] move nifi-assembly into top level

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Sean,

All of those points really make sense to me.  I'll take a look at the
copying idea.  That would be more than sufficient I suspect.

Thanks
Joe

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.