Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Sundar Sabapathi Meenakshi <su...@mcruncher.com> on 2022/04/29 02:51:03 UTC

Reg: CVE-2020-9480

Hi all,

          I am using spark-sql_2.12 dependency version 3.2.1 in my project.
My dependency tracker highlights  the transitive dependency  "unused"
from  spark-sql_2.12 as vulnerable. I check there is no update for these
artifacts since 2014. Is the artifact used anywhere in spark ?

To resolve this vulnerability,  can I exclude this "unused" artifact from
spark-sql_2.12 ?  Will it cause any issues in my project ?

Re: Reg: CVE-2020-9480

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
It is not a real dependency, so should not be any issue. I am not sure why
your tool flags it at all.