Posted to cli-users@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2005/03/30 03:23:07 UTC

[cli-users] Time for a Release candidate?

Just a proposal.  I'll be taking some of the recently submitted
patches and rolling a candidate this coming weekend.  Sorry for
the delays, work and the httpd/apr projects, amoung other real
life things, have kept me occupied.

I'm seeing the need in the next release to;

 *) Override ErrorDocument to respond with an ASP.NET generated
    error body.  Perhaps AspNetErrors on|off.

 *) Add the AspNet on|off option to allow -any- request to a URI
    to use the AspNet handler, even if it isn't a physical file.

 *) Solve the / rooted app problems (thanks to Mei)

I'll take a look at the code for setting results, it seems we have
a cookie overwrite bug.  Certain headers should be merged rather
than replaced, and I think that is a bug in Apache.Web.

I would also enjoy fixing the double-initialization, but don't know
if we can track it down.  In any case, if you had other suggestions,
comments or fixes please comment before Saturday.

Yours,

Bill

Re: [cli-users] Time for a Release candidate?

Posted by Chris Waldron <ch...@comcast.net>.
This is excellent!  I was going to incorporate the rooted app fix
locally but now I can
wait for the RC.  I really appreciate yours and the list member efforts
to accommodate
and fix requests.   This will save me a ton of effort and provide me
with an alternative
to Win2K3 and IIS.

Thanks,
Chris