Posted to user@spark.apache.org by N B <nb...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/03 06:18:40 UTC

Overriding toString and hashCode with Spark streaming

Hello,

In our Spark streaming application, we are forming DStreams made of objects
a rather large composite class. I have discovered that in order to do some
operations like RDD.subtract(), they are only successful for complex
objects such as these by overriding toString() and hashCode() methods for
this class.

Are there any issues that we should be aware of in general for doing so in
a Spark program?

Thanks
NB