Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/30 07:34:58 UTC

We'll speak at JavaOne 2011 SF next Monday

Hi,

I'll present with Luciano at JavaOne 2011 next Monday. If you are coming to JavaOne, you are welcome to our session.

Title: Building Flexible APIs for Web 2.x/Cloud Applications (25208)
Time: Monday, 12:30 PM, Hilton San Francisco - Imperial Ballroom B

Abstract: Using an open and simple API is a great way to build a developer ecosystem and grow a user base dramatically for Web 2.x (social/cloud/mobile) applications. But building flexible APIs can be a challenge. This session covers how to build a nice Web API from scratch, using open source stacks.

It starts with data modeling with a DSL tool and generates POJOs that can be transformed in JSON/XML and persisted with JPA/NoSQL. After defining the service interface, it expands the API experience with REST, JSON-RPC, and other cloud-friendly protocols without application coding. The presentation gets the API running immediately and tests it with a browser. In addition, it addresses how to realize common patterns such as pagination and hypermedia.
Track: Enterprise Service Architectures and the Cloud
Optional Track: Emerging Languages, Tools, and Techniques
Experience Level: Advanced

Thanks,
Raymond
Raymond Feng
rfeng@apache.org
Apache Tuscany PMC member and committer: tuscany.apache.org
Co-author of Tuscany SCA In Action book: www.tuscanyinaction.com
Personal Web Site: www.enjoyjava.com