Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org> on 2020/09/09 18:30:47 UTC

DRAFT - Beam board report September 2020

Hi all,

The Beam board report is technically due today. Sorry for the late notice.
I will leave it open for about 24 hours for people in every time zone to
hopefully have a chance to contribute.

Please add suggestions to the doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z2pKu6NYdpYAka9IfTkEiAMOVubH1jjkkRQMaVJbs5Y/edit?usp=sharing

You can read past reports at
https://whimsy.apache.org/board/minutes/Beam.html to get a feel for it.
Here are some specific examples of things that are good to add:

 - highlights from CHANGES.md
 - interesting technical discussions that steer the project
 - major integrations with other projects
 - community events
 - major user facing addition/deprecation

It is OK to add very rough data and not be too careful with language. I
will edit the wording before I submit it. It helps me if you use
https://s.apache.org to create short links for things, as the board report
tool is a bit strict about formatting and does not like long links.

Kenn