Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Kent Perrier <kp...@ev1.net> on 2002/09/09 20:12:55 UTC

Turbine integration with Apache?

I am attempting to integrate Apache and Turbine.  Unfortunately, the
included documentation is not current and I cannot get mod_jk compiled
(apparently jdk 1.4.0 does not include jni_md.h).  If there a how-to
out there on configuring Apache (2.0.40) to be a front end webserver for
Turbine?

Kent

Re: Turbine integration with Apache?

Posted by Kent Perrier <kp...@ev1.net>.
On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 10:40:55PM -0700, Peter Lynch wrote:
> I think you'll want to look into the mod_webapp mod in Tomcat cvs if you are
> Tomcat to run
> your turbine app. You should be able to get a hold of a binary for that mod. IT
> is an alternative for mod_jk.

Thanks.  Some of the stuff that I have found while I was Googleing around
were posts by people saying mod_webapp was not ready for prime time.  Unfortunately,
I do not rememeber the dates of the posts, but is this still the case.  I have
just gotten a new requirement from my client, they need SSL on the server as
well.  I suppose that I could rebuild Turbine from the source, including what
Tomcat needs for SSL, but I would rather have apache handle that.

So, to be clear, is mod_webapp ready for production use?