Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/03/13 12:53:24 UTC

[Lenya Wiki] Update of "HowToEditWithWebDAV" by ThorstenScherler

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lenya Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by ThorstenScherler:
http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/HowToEditWithWebDAV

The comment on the change is:
pointed out to set the editor is optional and added note about the user/pass

  First I tired konqueror as a client but it did not work. The second client I tried was [http://www.webdav.org/cadaver/ cadaver]:
  {{{
  cadaver http://localhost:8888/default/webdav (command line)
- set editor emacs
- edit tutorial_en.html
+ Username: lenya
+ Password: levi
  }}}
+ and it basically works. \\
+ Optional (if you do not like "vi") you can change the default editor:
+ {{{
+ dav:/default/webdav/> set editor emacs
+ }}}
+ Now let us edit the first file via webdav.
+ {{{
+ dav:/default/webdav/> edit tutorial_en.html
+ }}}
+
- and it basically works. That means i could open, edit and save a document. Further it was not possible to save non valid xml. I did not test other CMS functionality as e.g. access control yet.
+ That means i could open, edit and save a document. Further it was not possible to save non valid xml. I did not test other CMS functionality as e.g. access control yet.

  == Known Problems / Things to fix ==
    * In order for the current webDAV interface to work, the client has to identify itself in the User-Agent header (the user-agent header needs to be selected as a webdav client in confpatch/selectors.xmap) and it needs to support http Basic Auth