Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2012/11/21 21:00:31 UTC

[VOTE] Release Oozie 3.3.0 (candidate 0)

Dear Oozie community,

The release candidate 0 for for Oozie 3.3.0 is available.

Oozie 3.3.0 has the following new features:
1. Bulk Monitoring API - Consolidated view of jobs
2. Eliminate redundancies in xml through global section.
3. Add formal parameters to XML for early valiadation

4. Visualize color coded job DAG at runtime.

5. Load Hbase/HCat credentials in Job conf
6.  Support  direct map-reduce job submission through  Oozie CLI without workflow XML
7. Add support for multiple/configurable sharelibs for each action type

In addition, it includes several improvements for performance and stability
and several bug fixes. Detail release log could be found at:
http://people.apache.org/~kamrul/oozie-3.3.0-rc0/release-log.txt

Keys used to sign the release are available at
http://www.apache.org/dist/oozie/KEYS

Please download, test, and try it out:
http://people.apache.org/~kamrul/oozie-3.3.0-rc0/

The release, md5 signature, gpg signature, and rat report can all be found
at the above URL.

Vote closes in 3 days .

Regards,

Mohammad

Re: [VOTE] Release Oozie 3.3.0 (candidate 0)

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 8:59 PM, Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> OK,
>
> With the help of Roman I've put together a patch  and tested in in Hadoop
> 2.0.2-alpha deployment.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE-1089
>
> The patch introduces a workaround which has to be explicitly enabled.
>
> I think we should apply this patch to branch-3.3, then we'd be able to do a
> release that works with Hadop 2.0.2-alpha.

A strong +1 -- this seems to be a non-invasive change that is easy to
remove once we no longer need the workaround, it doesn't change the
default behavior and it was tested on Hadoop 2.0.2, Hadoop 1.1.0 and
Hadoop 1.0.X

Now if I only to make one more request this would be to RELNOTE this
workaround in the Oozie docs for the upcoming release.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [VOTE] Release Oozie 3.3.0 (candidate 0)

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks . Working on that.

________________________________
I've just committed OOZIE-1089 to branch-3.3.

Mohammad, will you be cutting a new RC?

Thx

--
Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Oozie 3.3.0 (candidate 0)

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.

--
Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Oozie 3.3.0 (candidate 0)

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
OK,

--
Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Oozie 3.3.0 (candidate 0)

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Jinwei Zhu,

That will happen soon after a proposed RC passes the vote.

A vote on an RC typically runs for 3 days. And I'd qualify 'soon after' as
more day until bits are pushed to the dist servers.

Thanks.

--
Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Oozie 3.3.0 (candidate 0)

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 9:19 PM, jinwei zhu <zh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Mohammad,
>         You are saying the schedule of oozie-3.3.0-rc0 , right?  But
> actually, I want to know the release date of the* finall release* of
> oozie3.3.0 .  Could you tell me probably date of the * finall release ?

I don't think anybody can predict that -- we may be lucky and get it
out quickly or we may be less lucky find a lot of bugs and spend time
fixing them.

The best way to help get it out sooner is to pitch in with testing the
RC in the env. that you're using!

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [VOTE] Release Oozie 3.3.0 (candidate 0)

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Jinwei,
As you can see, we need to decide if we will support hadoop 2.x as well with Oozie 3.3.

I expect this decision to be made in a day or two. After that, we need to follow the process of voting.

Regards,
Mohammad

________________________________
Posted by jinwei zhu <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Mohammad,

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Adding to Rohini.
I also created a Jira for the same few months back:

Roman,
We are not using Bigtop. Can you please try after removing the "share/lib/sqoop/hsqldb-1.8.0.10.jar"?
Just to make sure that is the root cause.

One more thing, we need to make sure whether this version (Oozie 3.3) will support Hadoop 2.x. I'm sure without fixing MAPREDUCE-4568, it will be hard to support that newer hadoop version. As the JIRA discussions show that we are not close to agreement yet on MR fix.

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.
Context on that issue is in

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.
Context on that issue is in