Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Joe Lewis <jo...@joe-lewis.com> on 2007/09/18 20:27:42 UTC

Output filters and HEAD requests

Ladies and Gentlemen;

I am looking for two answers here.  The first is really a validation.

1) I have an output filter that is changing the Last-Modified time to
the most recently modified document that is involved in creating the
requested page.  This works successfully if the full page was requested,
but if HEAD is run, the output filter does not modify the Last-Modified
header, resulting in the Last-Modified of the initially requested file
being returned.  I am assuming that output filters do not run on HEAD
requests.  Is that correct?

2) If that IS correct, what is the best way to open the document to
identify other items that need to be parsed and tested for age?  Should
I recreate a new bucket brigade and call the output filter?  Sub
requests without a HEAD (sounds like it would take less code to do, but
may require more effort on the part of Apache) ?

Any ideas, experiences, advice, or pointers would be more than welcome.

Joe
--
Joseph Lewis <http://sharktooth.org/>

Re: Need to divert the request

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 18:41:33 +0530
prasanna <pr...@msys-tech.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have involved in developing a module which needs to divert the
> incoming request to almost a new URL. I have changed the uri info in
> the request_rec, but it seems, changes in request_rec doesn't affect
> the request processing.

You appear to want the ap_internal_redirect API.  There are plenty
of examples in the standard source: from mod_alias and mod_rewrite
through mod_dir and mod_negotiation to mod_cgi & friends.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/

Re: Need to divert the request

Posted by Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman <bu...@buanzo.com.ar>.

Need to divert the request

Posted by prasanna <pr...@msys-tech.com>.
Hi,

I have involved in developing a module which needs to divert the
incoming request to almost a new URL. I have changed the uri info in the
request_rec, but it seems, changes in request_rec doesn't affect the
request processing. I have implemented this in mod_proxy.

Any help to divert the url request to new url without browser knowledge?

Thanks in Advance!