Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ashika Umanga Umagiliya <au...@biggjapan.com> on 2010/02/03 10:39:12 UTC

Tooltip like popup component which can perform text copy(to clipboard)?

Greetings,

In my application, I  have a datable which shows pretty long text
values.So,  I want to display only a part of the text in datatable-cells
and when user hover over the text,it should display a Tooltip like/Popup
component with full text.I cant use simple tooltip because user should
be able to copy the text in the popup component.
Any ideas how to implement this?

I have done something similar using ZK ,please refer to image at
http://i49.tinypic.com/2eqdljc.jpg

Thanks in advance,
umanga

Re: Tooltip like popup component which can perform text copy(to clipboard)?

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
use wicketstuff minis

Posted by Ashika Umanga Umagiliya <au...@biggjapan.com>.
Thanks vineet for the reply,

Posted by vineet semwal <vi...@gmail.com>.
1)create converter to display only part of text,
2)use mootip with mootipsettings.setfixed(true)

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Ashika Umanga Umagiliya <
aumanga@biggjapan.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> In my application, I  have a datable which shows pretty long text
> values.So,  I want to display only a part of the text in datatable-cells and
> when user hover over the text,it should display a Tooltip like/Popup
> component with full text.I cant use simple tooltip because user should be
> able to copy the text in the popup component.
> Any ideas how to implement this?
>
> I have done something similar using ZK ,please refer to image at
> http://i49.tinypic.com/2eqdljc.jpg
>
> Thanks in advance,
> umanga

regards,