Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Cosmin Lehene <cl...@adobe.com> on 2013/08/06 12:43:27 UTC

Fixes for 0.8 in trunk, absent from 0.8 branch

Hey guys,

There are a few fixes which are marked for 0.8 and "fixed" in JIRA but have only been pushed to trunk and missing from 0.8

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-985 (also affectsVersion is 0.9 and fixVersion is 0.8.1)

Were this mislabeled in JIRA or should they be present on the 0.8 branch.

At the same time there seem to be issues on the 0.8 branch which are absent from trunk (e.g. KAFKA-989).

Cosmin

Re: Fixes for 0.8 in trunk, absent from 0.8 branch

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.
Yes, what is perhaps confusing is that 0.8 is essentially the "release
branch" only fixes required for 0.8 final are going there. All other
development is on trunk which will be kafka.next, which we are calling
0.8.1. Hope that helps.

-Jay

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.