Posted to dev@drat.apache.org by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org> on 2019/10/06 04:44:51 UTC

DRAT 1.0 RC2 warnings

Team,

One thing I noticed about DRAT 1.0 RC2 after upgrading to OODT 1.9. By default XmlRpc is
available, but the behavior of certain functions have changed where we were creating the
clients for FM and WM and RM – by default we get Avro ones back now. We should be able
to control this via system properties, for example the following 3 properties should fix this
problem in $TOMCAT/conf/catalina.properties (but they only fix it for FM client). Any ideas,
Imesha?

# OODT Avro stuff

filemgr.client=org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.system.rpc.XmlRpcFileManagerClientFactory

workflow.client.factory=org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.system.rpc.XmlRpcWorkflowManagerFactory

resmgr.manager.client=org.apache.oodt.cas.resource.system.XmlRpcResourceManagerClient

That fixes the FM client, but the web apps in DRAT’s OPSUI are still creating  the Avro versions of
workflow manager client and resource client. What am I doing wrong here?

Cheers,

Chris