Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lazaros Zachariadis <LZ...@PortolanCS.com> on 2003/03/19 11:44:42 UTC

Problem with Tomcat 4.x and SSL

Hello Tomcat team,

i will use Tomcat 4.x or Tomcat 5.x with J2SDK 1.2.2. I have download and
installed JSSE 1.0.3 as installed extension by copying the tree JAR-Files
into my %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\ext directory. I have done all the points of
your how to ssl with tomcat of your site of
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/ssl-howto.html
<http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/ssl-howto.html>

I have done the changes of server.xml successfully and start tomcat
successfully too. My problem is when i try to write on my browser (IE 5.5
SP2)  <https://localhost:8443/> https://localhost:8443 than the browser show
"Page not found". Otherwise when i write http://localhost
<http://localhost/>  than comes the index-page of tomcat, that means the
setup of tomcat was successfully.

I donĀ“t no what for configuring is failled and i hope for your help.

Best regards
Lazaros Zachariadis