Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Maczka Michal <mi...@imtf.ch> on 2004/07/12 10:38:56 UTC

RE: Reactor: tests failing (working dir set to master proj dir no t child proj dir)

You may also conider using classloader for loading your configuration files:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/ClassLoader.html#findResou
rce(java.lang.String)

Once you have an URL of required resource you can easly convert it to a File
object and then use methods like file.getParentFile()
for traversing directories

Using this technique you can more easly test your code in your IDE.

Michal

Re: Reactor: tests failing (working dir set to master proj dir no t child proj dir)

Posted by Ben Walding <be...@walding.com>.
Maczka Michal wrote:

> [...]
Another option is to check the basedir property ->
System.getProperty("basedir") which is the base of the current project.

I personally prefer the classloader approach, but it's worth knowing
about both methods.