Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by David Aldrich <Da...@EU.NEC.COM> on 2009/01/06 14:28:08 UTC

Subversion 1.5.5 - reintegrate fix

Hi

The svn 1.5.5 release notes include the change:

  * improve performance of 'svn merge --reintegrate' (r34091, -4, and others)

I am trying to decide whether 1.5.5 is a critical update for us. We do use the reintegrate merge feature. Is this change purely a performance improvement, or could reintegrate produce wrong results in earlier releases?

BR

David

Re: Subversion 1.5.5 - reintegrate fix

Posted by Mark Phippard <mp...@collab.net>.
On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 9:40 AM, David Aldrich <Da...@eu.nec.com> wrote:
> Hi Mark
>
> Thanks very much for your reply.
>
>> IMO, 1.5.5 is a critical release and it should be applied to clients.
>
> Would you say it is critical for the server as well as for clients?

As with most fix releases, most of the fixes are only in the client.
There are a couple of fixes for BDB repositories in this release and
it looks like there is one fix for the proxy feature as well.  If you
use those features, then yes, otherwise I think it is not urgent.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/