Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Chris Lamprecht <cl...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/26 00:24:02 UTC

Logging into peoplesoft using HttpClient 2.0.2

Has anyone successfully used HttpClient to log into a peoplesoft
system?  I'm having problems that seem to be cookie related.  I can
login "part-way", using the default RFC2109 cookie policy (the other
policies don't work).  But then I see the following error in the log,
and get the original sign-in page again:

[WARN] - Cookie rejected: "$Version=0;
SA_TSUGA-443-WebLogicSession=QX14igJVyOjQ4CDb2D9wRP4J2DVBk29AYaY5a9Fq1DQXJ0fnP4PG|988811787769775219/2130706433/6/85/85/7002/7002/85/-1;
$Domain=.umass.edu; $Path=/". Domain attribute ".umass.edu" violates
RFC 2109: host minus domain may not contain any dots

I'm not sure what the "WebLogicSession" is about, they're probably
running WebLogic behind peoplesoft (?).  According to the HTTP header,
the server is "Microsoft-IIS/6.0".

Thanks for any suggestions.

Chris Lamprecht

Re: Logging into peoplesoft using HttpClient 2.0.2

Posted by Chris Lamprecht <cl...@gmail.com>.
Roland,

Thanks for the info.  I ended up getting it working by using
CookiePolicy.COMPATIBILITY mode together with strict mode.  This
causes HttpClient to send all the cookies on one header line instead
of separate "Cookie:" lines.  This made the difference (though I don't
really know why!).

Chris

Posted by Roland Weber <RO...@de.ibm.com>.
Hello Chris,

it seems the host is trying to set a cookie in a domain
which it is not allowed to reach. For example, host
a.b.umass.edu is not allowed to set a cookie for the
domain ".umass.edu", but only for ".b.umass.edu".
Possible solutions, in order of preference:

- change the cookie domain on the host
- change the host's domain name
- change the cookie policy to accept the cookie anyway

We have come across this problem before, so you'll
probably find details on how to accept the cookie in
the mailing list archives.

cheers,
  Roland

Chris Lamprecht <cl...@gmail.com>