Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nelson Arapé <na...@ica.luz.ve> on 2003/09/05 00:45:35 UTC

Could a goal defined in maven.xml overwrite a plugin's goal?

Hello to all

I want to know if I could a goal defined in maven.xml overwrite a plugin's
goal?.

I have a multiproject configuration and I want to make a customized
distribution (subprojects jar, plus parent project docs, plus subprojects
javadocs, etc).

I guess that I could just define a new goal with name:my-dist, but I would
prefer call it just dist

Thanks in advance
Nelson Arapé

Re: Could a goal defined in maven.xml overwrite a plugin's goal?

Posted by James CE Johnson <jc...@tragus.org>.
> Why not preGoal on the distribution goal and set the extra things up. --

That might work for some things but I had one case (can't remember it now)
where I needed to entirely replace the existing goal's functionality with
my own. Due to other goals' prerequisites I couldn't just create a new
goal with a new name and use it.

Once, long ago, things were such that a goal in maven.xml with the same
name as a plugin goal would override. Then that quit working. Dunno if how
it works today.

Posted by Nelson Arapé <na...@ica.luz.ve>.
On Thursday 04 September 2003 20:27, dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> Why not preGoal on the distribution goal and set the extra things up.
OK I will try that. I will comment latter
Nelson Arapé

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.