Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Ivan Pavlukhin <vo...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/09 05:54:07 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Send documentation feedback notifications to dev list

Igniters,

Recently documentation feedback notifications were set up. And
currently destination for such notifications is dev list
dev@ignite.apache.org. It was announced in [1]. A notification message
itself looks as [2].

Let's discuss if we all are fine with this notifications on dev list
as much effort was spent for keeping dev list clean, e.g. [3]. For me
personally these notifications are some kind of "noice" as I read the
list on spare time.

Please share your opinion! Formal vote will be started if needed.

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rf6b0ee140239ae119c97fe4022316b4e2f5c9f06a677bace5033e313%40%3Cdev.ignite.apache.org%3E
[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rbd7c06f76559f46bc2872484529bc4fa1c503d705b6cc379156f0bb0%40%3Cdev.ignite.apache.org%3E
[3] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rbd7c06f76559f46bc2872484529bc4fa1c503d705b6cc379156f0bb0%40%3Cdev.ignite.apache.org%3E

--

Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin

Re: [DISCUSSION] Send documentation feedback notifications to dev list

Posted by Ivan Pavlukhin <vo...@gmail.com>.
Pavel,

> PS Ivan, links 2 and 3 are the same.

Thanks for noticing. 3 related to clean dev list should be
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/re24faf295e3081eac72276e12419be412423650a21eafe81ac5c7ff1%40%3Cdev.ignite.apache.org%3E

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
0 from my side. Both ways have their own pros.

We can redirect to notifications@ list. issues@ seems to be too overloaded with all comments

And as an option we can leave it as is now, and take a look at how often feedback will arise.

Sicerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

Posted by Nikita Safonov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone,