Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Qi Zhou <qz...@virginia.edu> on 2013/03/19 12:17:36 UTC

Question for Collaborative Filtering with ALS-WR

Hi,

I am a student at University of Virginia. I am using ALS-WR in Mahout and
encounter some questions. So I have the command "-parallelALS" running, and
I want to use the matrix to predict rating. I am using 0.7 version and can
only compute RMSE. Is that possible that I get the predicted rating from
the matrix?

Any of your help will be really appreciated!

Best Regards,
Qi Zhou

Re: Question for Collaborative Filtering with ALS-WR

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
Hi Qi,

its absolutely possible. Have a look at PredictRatingsMapper in
org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.als.FactorizationEvaluator

This mapper loads the feature matrices U and M into memory and predicts
ratings by computing dot products. Afterwards it only saves the error
but you should be able to modify the code to save predicted ratings.

Best,
Sebastian