Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Steve K <sh...@myrealbox.com> on 2003/08/12 07:28:40 UTC

Small suggestion for flow: Cocoon instead of cocoon

Hey folks -

I hope it isn't too late for such a trivial suggestion, and I hope this hasn't
been discussed before, but is there any particular reason the global cocoon
object in flow is lowercased?  I am used to working with JavaScript in
Mozilla and its "window into the guts" object name is "Components".  You can
see some examples here:

http://www.mozilla.org/scriptable/components_object.html

Plus, Microsoft's use of JavaScript in its technologies (WSH, ASP) does the
same with similar objects (WSH has WScript, ASP has Request, Response,
Server, Session).

Anyhow, great work on the flow stuff, I can't wait to start using it in my own
apps!

cheers,
-steve

Re: Small suggestion for flow: Cocoon instead of cocoon

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 07:28, Steve K wrote:
> Hey folks -
>
> I hope it isn't too late for such a trivial suggestion, and I hope this hasn't
> been discussed before, but is there any particular reason the global cocoon
> object in flow is lowercased?  I am used to working with JavaScript in
> Mozilla and its "window into the guts" object name is "Components".  You can
> see some examples here:
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/scriptable/components_object.html
>
> Plus, Microsoft's use of JavaScript in its technologies (WSH, ASP) does the
> same with similar objects (WSH has WScript, ASP has Request, Response,
> Server, Session).

Doesn't javascript use the same naming convention as Java: lowercase for
instances, uppercase for classes?

The "cocoon" object is actually an instance of a class called
FOM_Cocoon.

Similary, the "window" object in a browser is also lowercased.