Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/05/20 16:12:54 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "PoweredBy" by François Mommens

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by François Mommens:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy

    * up to 400 instances on [http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=sc_fe_l_2/002-1156069-5604805?ie=UTF8&node=201590011&no=3435361&me=A36L942TSJ2AJA Amazon EC2]
    * data storage in [http://www.amazon.com/S3-AWS-home-page-Money/b/ref=sc_fe_l_2/002-1156069-5604805?ie=UTF8&node=16427261&no=3435361&me=A36L942TSJ2AJA Amazon S3]

+  * [http://wwww.properazzi.com/ Properazzi]
+   * 4 nodes cluster (24 cores, 1TB).
+   * We use Hadoop to filter and index our listings, removing exact duplicates and grouping similar ones.
+   * We plan to use Pig very shortly to produce statistics.
+
   * [http://alpha.search.wikia.com Search Wikia]
    * A project to help develop open source social search tools.  We run a 125 node hadoop cluster.