Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/18 16:59:57 UTC

Conversion problem

Hi all,

i have a form with only 6 values.
4 Dates, 1 int, one string.

I created 2 different conversion classes for the 4 dates. One is for
creating a good date from a string like 13:30, one is for the actual
date. I don't know why, but the ones for dates work and the one for
time does not work.

Even when i use the same conversion class for all fields, the time
fields do not work.

In my jsp they are named correct:

project.deadlineTime

In my Pojo it is:

Project.setDeadlineTime(Date deadlineTime)

In my

MyAction-conversion.properties:

project.deadlineTime = de.blub.converter.TimeConverter

As the property file has the working conversions defined, I assume it
is drawn correct.
To avoid a problem in the converter, i have returned a new Date and
once exchanged it with the working stuff. But nothing helped

It always claims

Error setting expression 'project.deadlineTime' with value
'[Ljava.lang.String;@73ea7821'
ognl.MethodFailedException: Method "setDeadlineTime" failed for object

Then I tried to enable some logging output in the Converters. But they
do not output anything (for none of the fields). All other of my
classes can create output on the specific level.

Even when I debug I cannot breakpoint and step into them. It is as if
they would not exist. In all other classes it works

My questions:
- any ideas what I could look for and why the two fields are not working?
- why is there no logging possible?
- and why can't I get into a breakpoint when debugging with eclipse
and run-jetty-run plugin?

Any help is appreciated :-(

Thanks!
Christian

Re: Conversion problem

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Good idea - I included it to the java files location. But eclipse
automatically copies it to the classes folder (just doublechecked).
However, mvn jetty:run does use the target/classes folder as
classfolder, but the webapp folder is /src/main/webapp.(where WEB-INF
resides).

Probably the failure is b/c the target/classes are not in the WEB-INF folder.

http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: Conversion problem

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Conversion problem