Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Kazim Raza <ka...@hotmail.com> on 2007/10/31 07:30:46 UTC

Problem while Requesting a .JSF page from Ajax Call

Hi,

"I want to request a JSF page within a JSF page as an AJAX Request using
Prototype."

I have done is:-

I am writing a JSF page say "welcome.faces" and after this page loads up I
am sending an Ajax Request Like

-- Used prototype.js here.
new Ajax.Request('another.faces',{method: 'post', onSuccess:
function(transport){
	var str = transport.responseText;
	$('anotherjsp').update();
	$('anotherjsp').update(str);
}});

I have a div "anotherjsp" and i want to place the generated response from
the requested jsp into it. I am having the problem that the inner page that
i am requesting also contains the <f:view> tag so after the page is
requested and its response is rendered to div when i do some Ajax call from
that response it will give me alert message that "View state couldn't be
restored do u want to reload page". I have fixed that error by writing a
view Handler.

    public UIViewRoot restoreView(FacesContext context, String viewId)
    {
        String base_view = "/welcome.jsp";/*(String)
((HttpServletRequest)context.getExternalContext().getRequest()).getAttribute("base_view_id")*/;
        if (base_view != null) {
            UIViewRoot parent = _viewHandler.restoreView(context,
base_view);
            UIViewRoot child = _viewHandler.restoreView(context, viewId);
            // Add the chile to the parent.
            return parent;
        }
        return _viewHandler.restoreView(context, viewId);
    }

It will restored the view but after that it stops giving that alert but did
not displaying the results of the Ajax call.