Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Sumit Shah <ss...@gce2000.com> on 2006/11/22 15:43:24 UTC

RE: Basic Mod_Perl 1 and Apache 1.3 Issue: Unable to get therequested page.

Thanks Perrin. I will surely try the mentioned approach. Using Ethereal
I observed that the Perl Handler was not writing any packets onto the
socket stream once the connection was established. It kept giving me TCP
CHECKSUM INCORRECT. I came across Microsoft's patch for this behavior. I
will try to use it as well.

The same Perl Handler is working as expected in the HP-UX environment.

I have another question. Is anyone aware of how to setup request
cascading within Apache (not necessarily MOD_PERL).

I have a file filter setup as

<FilesMatch "\.(html|jsp)$">
 	       SetHandler  perl-script
 	       PerlHandler Apache::Proxy
 </FilesMatch>

But there is another configuration (Apache JSERV) that has a filter on
.jsp pages.
include "/HP_DEV/iAS/Apache/Jserv/etc/jserv.conf"

The jserv.conf contains the following:

ApjservAction .jsp /oa_servlets/oracle.jsp.JspServlet

So if the jserv configuration is present, the jsp pages do not go
through the Perl Handler. What I want is that the Perl handler get the
jsp before the JSERV, do the processing and then pass it to the JSERV
Servlet.

I would appreciate any help I could get.

Thanks
Sumit

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
Sumit Shah wrote:
> What I want is that the Perl handler get the
> jsp before the JSERV, do the processing and then pass it to the JSERV
> Servlet.

You can't do that with apache 1.  In apache 2, you could possibly set
one of them up as a filter to run after the other one.

If you have to use apache 1, you could try pre-processing the files with
perl, or you could try to figure out a way to directly call JServ from
your perl program and passing it the processed file.

- Perrin