Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/01 00:29:11 UTC

Re: master replication: what are 'master (searching)' and 'master (replicable)' fields

This isn't a problem. The index on the master node in master/slave
(searching) is the last time the _master_ opened a searcher whereas
(replicable) is the last hard commit. These are identical if you to
hard commits with openSearcher=true.

They are different if you have openSearcher=false for your hard
commits and then do a soft commit.

For SolrCloud these are irrelevant distinctions.

For a lot about the difference between commits, see:
https://lucidworks.com/2013/08/23/understanding-transaction-logs-softcommit-and-commit-in-sorlcloud/

Best,
Erick