Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/25 00:24:18 UTC

Cleanup 1.14.x STATUS vote for back ports

I am inching closer to taking on the RM duties so it would be good if
people started to clean up the STATUS file and get things merged.

Looking at what is in there ... these items all seem Bindings related
so don't they just need the 2 votes? Did someone just forget to move
them to the Approved section?

* r1878379, r1883719, r1883722, r1884610
Distinguish configure scripts on release mode and non release mode.
Justification:
Building process should not be prevented by swig installed in users'
environment when users use release tar balls.
Votes:
+1: futatuki, stsp

* r1886708
swig-py: Fix dependency of make copy-swig-py target.
Justification:
Fix a regression introduced between 1.13.0 and 1.14.0.
Votes:
+1: futatuki, jun66j5

* r1885199
swig-py: Skip some tests on Python 2 if default encoding is 'utf-8'.
Justification:
Fix check-swig-py not working at all since r1889654 merged from r1889487
(r1889487 depends on r1885199).
Votes:
+1: jun66j5, futatuki

Maybe this one too?

* r1887704
Follow up to r1865987, r1866588: Unbreak a msgid.
Justification:
subversion.pot should be built correctly.
Votes:
+1: futatuki, jun66j5

Also brane had already given his +1 to this one if the CRLF problems
were fixed. His vote could be added and this could be approved:

* r1881534 (without CRLF problem)
Fix issue #4864 "build/ac-macros/macosx.m4: workaround AC_RUN_IFELSE"
Justification:
Unblocks cross-compiling SVN.
Notes:
Replacement for veto-blocked r1881534 group (see below) without the
inconsistent line endings that instigated said veto blockage.
Branch:
1.14.x-r1881534-no-crlf
Votes:
+1: hartmannathan, stsp

I would like to see the bindings fixes merged so I can get a full
build and test suite run of the 1.14.x branch before taking on the RM
duties.

Thanks

Mark

Re: Cleanup 1.14.x STATUS vote for back ports

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
I have taken care of a few of these. There are several more that seem
easy to approve and get merged:

* r1883838, r1883989, r1886460, r1886582
Add test coverage for CVE-2020-17525 (mod_authz_svn NULL deref)
Votes:
+1: stsp, markphip

* r1887641, r1890013
Fix encoding of error message on failure of system() call.
Justification:
Error messages should be displayed correctly even if non UTF-8 locale.
Votes:
+1: futatuki, markphip

* r1889629
Document how the port number is passed to custom tunnels.
Justification:
Documentation should be complete.
Votes:
+1: danielsh, markphip

* r1897449
tests: Include additional information in an error message.
Justification:
Trivial test harness change that may help investigate unreproducible
errors.
Votes:
+1: danielsh, markphip

Perhaps also these two:

* r1883355
Use the APR-1.4+ API for flushing file contents to disk.
Justification:
Reduce code duplication between APR and SVN.
Votes:
+1: brane, jun66j5