Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Danny Mandel <dm...@tolweb.org> on 2004/12/14 00:57:39 UTC

pitfalls of calling engine.clearCachedData() from a page listener (or any place other than the reset service)?

Hi all.

I understand why it is bad to enable the reset service in a production
environment, but would it be bad to call clearCachedData() on a page's
engine if you could prevent access to that page (via password or other
'secure' means)?  From my novice perspective, this seems to be the only
method that actually 'resets' things in the reset service.

I don't know if there is some other voodoo that occurs during the
invocation of the reset service that would be absent, or if calling
clearCachedData() from someplace other than the reset service would
cause unintended consquences.

Thanks,
Danny