Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/04 17:14:30 UTC

SCXML and RDC

Rahul,

SCXML appears to be a fairly generic state machine notation. Is the
implementation that's being added to RDC generic, or is it specific to
RDC in some way? If it's generic, it might be worth thinking about
adding it to the Commons Sandbox, so that it's available for other
folks to use.

--
Martin Cooper

Re: SCXML and RDC

Posted by Rahul P Akolkar <ak...@us.ibm.com>.
Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com> wrote on 08/04/2005 11:14:30 AM:
> Rahul,
>
> SCXML appears to be a fairly generic state machine notation. Is the
> implementation that's being added to RDC generic, or is it specific to
> RDC in some way? If it's generic, it might be worth thinking about
> adding it to the Commons Sandbox, so that it's available for other
> folks to use.
<snip/>

Martin -

This is a great suggestion.

The implementation is meant to be completely generic, and you're right,
there are multiple possible use cases for SCXML. The current code itself
has mostly factored out any servlet/JSP/RDC environment specific details
in a separate Java package. I will be happy to clean it up further before
moving to Commons Sandbox.

I will draft a proposal for commons-dev over the next couple of days. I
will put both our names (and any other committers who may express interest
via this thread) as the initial set of interested committers, in the
proposal.

-Rahul