Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/01 16:01:33 UTC

Re: Release date fpr 5.3.1 or 5.4 ( as Re: Problem with 'dispatched queue')

Watch the list of outstanding issues for 5.3.1
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=10520&fixfor=12183

When these are resolved we can do a release.

On 1 February 2010 13:57, Christoph Kutzinski <ku...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Which raises my next question:
> When can we expect a release of ActiveMQ 5.3.1 or 5.4?
>

> Christoph Kutzinski wrote:
> >
> > I've got the hint that this is related to
> > https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2567
> >
> > I've now tried a current Snapshot of ActiveMQ 5.4 which contains the fix
> > for it and it works as expected!
> >
> > Many thanks to Rudolf Janz for pointing me in that direction and to Gary
> > Tully for helping me get the right snapshot release.
> >

> > Christoph
> >

> > Christoph Kutzinski wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> let me first describe my use-case as it is probably a little bit
> >> different from the usual JMS use case:
> >>
> >> We have a single process which fills a JMS queue from a pool of
> available
> >> items (say we have 50 items total).
> >> The we have n consumers (lets say 2) which read the items from the queue
> >> in a synchronous way (i.e. Spring JmsTemplate#receive).
> >> This goes like so:
> >> - consumer A fetches 5 items
> >> - consumer B fetches 20 items
> >> - consumer A fetches 5 items
> >> and so on.
> >>
> >> The problem we have now is that we are not able to fetch all items from
> >> the queue - e.g. if there are still 10 items left in the queue and I
> want
> >> to get 10, I only get 5 or so.
> >>
> >> I've already found the prefetchSize configuration and set it to 0 (also
> >> tried 1), but still the same problem.
> >> The problem seems to be that each consumer has an internal 'dispatched
> >> queue' which already has some entries and consumer A has no possibility
> >> to access the dispatched queue of consumer B.
> >>
> >> For example the web console looks like this:
> >> Consumer A; Enqueues 10; Dequeues 5; Dispatched 10; Dispatched Queue 5;
> >> Prefetch 0; Max Pending 0
> >>
> >> Consumer B; Enqueues 20; Dequeues 10; Dispatched 20; Dispatched Queue
> 10;
> >> Prefetch 0; Max Pending 0
> >>
> >> In this case there would be e.g. still 15 items total in the queue, but
> >> with consumer A I would onyl be able to get 5 items and with consumer B
> >> only 10 items.
> >>
> >> I've tried various configuration options which I found in the ActiveMQ
> >> docu (dispatchAsync, alwaysSessionAsync, sendAsync, ...), but none
> seemed
> >> to help.
> >>
> >> Can anyone help? Does anyone know how to configure/disable this
> >> dispatched queue?
> >>

> >> thanks
> >> Christoph

http://blog.garytully.com