Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> on 2004/02/01 07:11:45 UTC

[io][fileupload] ThresholdingOutputStream and DeferredFileOutputStream

The Commons FileUpload component currently includes two output stream
classes that really don't have that much to do with file uploading itself.
The two classes are:

ThresholdingOutputStream (extends OutputStream)
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/fileupload/apidocs/org/apache/commons/fileupload/ThresholdingOutputStream.html

DeferredFileOutputStream (extends ThresholdingOutputStream)
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/fileupload/apidocs/org/apache/commons/fileupload/DeferredFileOutputStream.html

Now that IO is in Commons Proper, and presumably targetting a release in
the forseeable future, would there be interest in incorporating these two
classes in IO?

--
Martin Cooper

Re: [io][fileupload] ThresholdingOutputStream and DeferredFileOutputStream

Posted by __matthewHawthorne <ma...@apache.org>.
Martin Cooper wrote:
> The Commons FileUpload component currently includes two output stream
> classes that really don't have that much to do with file uploading itself.
> The two classes are:
>
> ThresholdingOutputStream (extends OutputStream)
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/fileupload/apidocs/org/apache/commons/fileupload/ThresholdingOutputStream.html
>
> DeferredFileOutputStream (extends ThresholdingOutputStream)
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/fileupload/apidocs/org/apache/commons/fileupload/DeferredFileOutputStream.html
>
> Now that IO is in Commons Proper, and presumably targetting a release in
> the forseeable future, would there be interest in incorporating these two
> classes in IO?

I think so.  I especially like the DeferredFileOutputStream, I've needed
something like this in the past.

Unless others disagree, you can go ahead and commit them to
org.apache.commons.io.output -- or I'll do it when I get a few spare
minutes.