Posted to users@maven.apache.org by brian janaszek <ja...@collaborativefusion.com> on 2003/05/30 16:02:31 UTC

Silly newbie question

Hi

Just getting starting with Maven (as a replacement for Ant) and I'm
attempting to use the Cactus plugin, but without much success.  My
Cactus tests aren't compiling (the Cactus imports can't be found), but
if I look in Maven's repository, there are the Cactus jars.  I don't
have a dependency entry in my project.xml file (I looked at several
Jakarta project files--like the Turbine project.xml--and they did not
reference cactus there).  I've also attempted to add a reference to
cactus in the dependency list, but each time Maven can't download the
jar file.  What am I missing?

TIA
bmj

Re: Silly newbie question

Posted by brian janaszek <ja...@collaborativefusion.com>.
Alex

Thanks.  I was trying to fool Maven, because the Cactus jars were in the
repository (albeit with longer dev release names), and I couldn't get
Maven to see those jars.  But, I simply replaced those jars with the
jars I was using with Ant (simply named cactus-1.5.jar and
cactus-ant-1.5.jar) and updated my project.xml and everything is working
fine.

bmj

RE: Silly newbie question

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
You don't need to add any dependency for cactus. This is handled by the
Cactus plugin itself.

Maybe you can have a look at the sample application in
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/src/plugins-build/cactus/sample/

Thanks
-Vincent

Re: Silly newbie question

Posted by Alex Vollmer <al...@tenzing.com>.
Brian,

RE: Silly newbie question

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Brian,

Have you solved your problem? If not I would suggest you have a look at
the cactus sample project at

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/src/plugins-build/cactus/sample/

Hope it helps,
-Vincent