Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be> on 2009/07/05 21:07:13 UTC

Re: URIResolver in combination with filenames with unicode characters fails - Problem in AbstractImageSessionContext#toFile?

On 30 Jun 2009, at 12:35, Andreas Delmelle wrote:

Hello Peter

Just checking the status:

> On 30 Jun 2009, at 11:10, Peter Coppens wrote:
>> What I found out debugging is that the A9C3 character is escaped as
>> %A9%C3
>> when the url is contructed but that in the toFile method %A9 and
>> %C3 are
>> interpreted as 2 different characters.
>
> Indeed, that already looked a bit suspicious to me, and may be the
> source of the issue.
> Seems more robust to use java.net.URLDecoder instead of re-inventing
> the light-bulb.
>
> I have attached a small patch for you to try out. Would be good if
> you could confirm this fixes the issue on your end.

Have you been able to confirm this? If not, would it help if I
provided you with a precompiled JAR for XG Commons including the
changes in the patch (so that you can simply do a temporary swap in
your test environment)?

Thanks in advance!

Andreas

Andreas Delmelle
mailto:andreas.delmelle.AT.telenet.be
jabber: mandreas@jabber.org
skype: adlm0608

---

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On 07 Jul 2009, at 04:23, Peter Coppens wrote:

> Have not checked. Still in my 'inbox'. Sorry for the delay. For now
> my wo
> does the job so it's less urgent for me. Will get to it asap.

OK, thanks. As pointed out: if I can save you any hassles by providing
you with a precompiled binary, just give us a yell, and mail it to you
off-list.

Regards

Andreas

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On 08 Jul 2009, at 16:37, Peter Coppens wrote:

Hi Peter

> Finally checked. The patch solves the issue.

Thanks for the confirmation. I have committed the change to XG
Commons, and will shortly commit the modified JAR to FOP Trunk.

Posted by Peter Coppens <pc...@gmail.com>.
Finally checked. The patch solves the issue.

Hope this helps and thanks,

Peter

Posted by Peter Coppens <pc...@gmail.com>.