Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Astrid Kessler <ke...@kess-net.de> on 2002/12/06 18:36:20 UTC

doc 2.1: new features against 1.3 or 2.0?

With the documentation for 2.1 we have to clarify the basis for new
features, upgrading and other documentation stuff explaining differeces
from previous versions. Is this version 1.3 or is this version 2.0?. For
example, do we describe new features compared with version 1.3 or do we
describe new features compared version 2.0? This question will occure many
times within the whole documentation.

Kess

Re: doc 2.1: new features against 1.3 or 2.0?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Mads Toftum wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 06:36:20PM +0100, Astrid Kessler wrote:
> > With the documentation for 2.1 we have to clarify the basis for new
> > features, upgrading and other documentation stuff explaining differeces
> > from previous versions. Is this version 1.3 or is this version 2.0?. For
> > example, do we describe new features compared with version 1.3 or do we
> > describe new features compared version 2.0? This question will occure many
> > times within the whole documentation.
> >
> I suppose the 2.1 changes page should include what is on the 2.0 page plus
> a new since 2.0 section. That section can then be used as a base for the
> page once 2.2 is released. For the individual directives the Compatibility
> section should be fine.

I disagree.  I think we should start fresh with 2.1 changes.  A link to
the 2.0 version would be plenty for people jumping versions.

Joshua.

Re: doc 2.1: new features against 1.3 or 2.0?

Posted by Mads Toftum <ma...@toftum.dk>.
On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 06:36:20PM +0100, Astrid Kessler wrote:
> With the documentation for 2.1 we have to clarify the basis for new
> features, upgrading and other documentation stuff explaining differeces
> from previous versions. Is this version 1.3 or is this version 2.0?. For
> example, do we describe new features compared with version 1.3 or do we
> describe new features compared version 2.0? This question will occure many
> times within the whole documentation.

I suppose the 2.1 changes page should include what is on the 2.0 page plus
a new since 2.0 section. That section can then be used as a base for the
page once 2.2 is released. For the individual directives the Compatibility
section should be fine.

vh

Mads Toftum