Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Levy, Jeremy" <Je...@morganstanley.com> on 2006/07/21 21:49:36 UTC

Programmatically change properties of an appender

I would like to change the subject and the from address of a
smtpappender programmatically that is initially configured via a
properties file, is this possible?

Important Notice to Recipients:
It is important that you do not use e-mail to request, authorize or effect the purchase or sale of any security or commodity, to send fund transfer instructions, or to effect any other transactions. Any such request, orders, or instructions that you send will not be accepted and will not be processed by Morgan Stanley.

RE: Programmatically change properties of an appender

Posted by "Levy, Jeremy" <Je...@morganstanley.com>.
What I have done for the moment is set the values I want to replace as
${xxx.xxx} in my layout and change the corresponding System Property.
However I would think there is a cleaner way to do this..

I am 90% sure the answer it yes but I don't know exactly which methods
you need to call to get the appender.

--
James Stauffer

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.