Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Dennis Byrne <de...@dbyrne.net> on 2006/02/11 23:04:49 UTC

test build deps between different projects

I have a couple unit tests for org.apache.myfaces.config w/ a dependency on some of the stuff in org.apache.myfaces.mock.api .  This causes a build error.

I take it tests in impl cannot have build deps on stuff from the tests in api ?  Will moving the mock classes to commons solve this ?  And if so, will this interfere/complicate the current staged release activities .

If I can get enough votes to replace all of our Mock objects with Shale, I will do the grunt work.

Dennis Byrne

Re: test build deps between different projects

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 2/11/06, Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> @Craig: Is Shale officially alpha yet?
>
> @Wendy: There are snapshots being posted now right?

Shale 1.0.0 is officially alpha, but there have been many improvements
to the test framework since then.

Snapshots are available... I update them as needed, usually weekly:
   http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/struts/

--
Wendy

Re: test build deps between different projects

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 2/12/06, Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Craig,
>
> Do you think we can count on another (more up to date) release of
> Shale in the next month or so?  It can be alpha, beta or final - it
> doesn't matter.  We just need to be able to rely on a maven artifact
> that is not SNAPSHOT.

There's been enough innovation to warrant a new release in the next few
weeks.  I expect it to be another alpha quality release, because we haven't
addressed the current deficiencies in the Dialog implementation.

It would be really useful, for the purposes of the discussion here, to get
some feedback on anything missing in the test framework.  it was primarily
designed for testing *applications* and *components*, but might have some
missing stuff for testing the MyFaces implementation artifacts.  Let's
figure out what you guys need.

Craig

@ Dennis,

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Craig,

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 on that - if it doesn't spoil our release process, I'm perfectly
d'accord with this.

regards,

Martin

--